Scorecard & Local Rules
To be read in conjunction with the Rules of Golf and any Temporary Local Rules
OUT OF BOUNDS (Rule 18.2)
- Those areas beyond any line of white stakes with black tops.
- When playing the 10th hole ONLY the Penalty area on the 16th Hole is out of bounds.
Note: the white stakes with black tops within the penalty area are Immovable Obstructions and only used to indicate the presence of out of bounds (Rule 16.1a, Definitions).
GROUND UNDER REPAIR (Rule 16.1)
- Those areas the margins of which are defined by white stakes and or white lines or by GUR signage. Note: GUR stakes are movable
- Except in a Penalty Area, clearly identified indentations made by a mower, tractor, or motor vehicle or by scarifying.
- Areas in bunkers where sand has been removed by movement of water resulting in deep furrows are ground under repair. Relief may be taken in accordance with (Rule 16.1c).
- Those areas where protective plastic matting is installed.
- A player MUST take relief as provided in (Rule 16.1b) when a ball rests on newly laid turf in the General Area. When newly laid turf is back in play, if a player’s ball lies in or touches a seam of this turf, the player may take relief under (Rule 1b).
STAKED TREES AND SHRUBS
If a tree or shrub which is staked or has a guard interferes with a player’s stance or area of intended swing, the player MUST take relief as provided in (Rule 16.1a) Immovable Obstruction in General Area, or (Rule 17.1e) No Play Zone in a Penalty Area.
NO PLAY ZONES
Are designated by green stakes with red tops, relief must be taken in accordance with (Rule 16.1f) in General Area or (Rule 17.1e) in Penalty Area. These stakes are Immovable Obstructions.
PENALTY AREAS (Rule 17)
Penalty areas are defined by yellow or red stakes and or lines. Note: The stakes are Immovable Obstructions.
INTEGRAL PART OF THE COURSE
There are no areas specified as gardens. All planted, mulched or woodchip areas are an integral part of the Course from which the ball MUST be played as it lies or declared unplayable (Rule 19). Note: Artificial walls, any construction and path edging are immovable obstructions. Relief may be taken in accordance with (Rule 16.1b).
If a Player does not know whether their ball is in any of the penalty areas on the Fourth Hole Only a provisional ball may be played under (Rule 18.3 modified).
As an additional option a player may use the dropping zone provided on the lower tee when playing a ball provisionally or when playing another ball in accordance with (Rule 17.1).
If the original ball is found outside the penalty area the player must continue to play with it. If the original ball is found in the penalty area, the player may play the original ball as it lies or continue with the ball played provisionally.
See (Committee Procedures Section 8 Model Local Rules B3 and E1).
Are designated by white stakes with a blue top, a ball may be dropped within 2 club lengths. These stakes are Immovable Obstructions.
IMMOVABLE OBSTRUCTIONS CLOSE TO PUTTING GREEN
Ball in General Area. The player may take relief under (Rule 16.1b) if an immovable obstruction is:
On the line of play and is: Within two club-lengths of the putting green, and Within two club-lengths of the ball.
PENALTY FOR BREACH OF LOCAL RULE
(General Penalty) Match Play – Loss of Hole. Stroke Play – 2 strokes.
Note: Distance markers indicate distance to centre of the green.
Flags on Greens: Red-front, Blue-centre, Yellow-back.